The Leap Year is here, so why not take the leap of love! Nestled in White Mountain National Forest, Loon Mountain Resort is not only a place for skiing and riding, but a scenic destination for those looking to pop the Q or say “I do.”
Below is our official list of the best locations to get down on one knee, no matter the season (snow pants and mittens may be required).
- North Peak (winter)– For winter lovers, North Peak is the ultimate location. Ride the North Peak Express Quad to the summit, and be greeted with snowy trees and a perfectly framed shot of Mount Washington in the background. Besides being newly engaged, the best part is that you can ski down Walking Boss for some added adrenaline.
- J.E. Henry Railroad (winter)– The J.E. Henry Railroad is one of those touches that is truly Loon. Nowhere else will you here a train whistle at a mountain and know exactly where you are. Take the train from the Octagon Lodge to Governor Adams Lodge for the best pictures.
- Loon Peak (year round)– The summit of Loon Peak offers expansive views of the Presidential Range, Moosilauke and Franconia Ridge, offering 360-degree views no matter where you head. Head to the Summit Cafe deck for some extra privacy. This is a perfect 4-season location for those debating whether they should propose in ski boots or sandals.
- Observation Tower (year round) – Ride the Gondola to Loon Peak where you’ll climb the stairs to the Observation Tower. With views of the Whites and Mount Washington above the trees, this is a great spot to get down on one knee without the bustle of the Gondola.
- Bird Sanctuary (year round) – Off of the beaten path in the summer and tucked away in the winter, head to the left of Sunset and follow the sign that leads the way. This is one of the most quiet locations on Loon but be sure to bring some treats for the birds!
- Any of Loon’s Iconic Events (year round) – ’80s day! Oktoberfest! Slushpool Party! Bust out your Aqua Net, best ’80s neon or your bier stein if you’re looking for the a public proposal. Or make a splash of an entrance through the Slushpool right into your sweeties arms. You can guarantee to get extra points for style.
- The Summit Amphitheater (summer) – Travel to the summit and only steps away from the bustle of the Gondola, this serene location overlooks the White Mountain range while being nestled in the evergreens.
- River Rocks (summer) – If you’re torn between waterside views or mountain landscapes, River Rocks is the perfect mix of both. With running water and the mountains in the background, you can’t go wrong.